A Sneak Peek at Our Darling Baby!

I had my first prenatal appointment with the doctor today. I had a hard time picking a doctor, but I am so glad that I went with the one I did, she seems like a wonderful doctor.
I was excited to meet her, but really to tell you the truth, I was a little more excited to be able to see some little snippets of our baby. Our little baby (whom I have been calling 'she' for now, it just feels right, but I have one month until we know for sure), anyway, she was so active. The poor doctor was having a hard time catching a heartbeat or even getting the measurements. It was so neat watching that little baby (and I mean little, only 6-7 cm), flipping backwards, frontwards, upside down, and sideways. She really wasn't going to hold still very long for us. Finally we were able to get a good heartbeat, at least enough for the machine to get an average 'beats per minute' and then we were also successful in catching a pretty good portrait. She may be active, but it looks like she knows when we mean business. :)

8 comments:

Wendy P said...

how exciting. I kind of hope you have a boy because I have a lot of boy stuff the give away and I would love to give it to you. But a she would be wonderful. We will miss you this weekend. Take care of yourself and baby

Alana said...

We are so excited for you guys. I bet you are having a girl too. :o) That is a good picture of her considering she was moving around so much. We didn't get a picture this last time of baby boy because of the same problem. It gets even funner when you can feel the baby move/kick inside. I love it! Love, Alana

Christina Olson said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! I love being a mommy more than anything in the world!! Our little one is 9 months old now! It goes incredibly fast so enjoy every moment. I don't know if you know that we have a family website so I will share it with you, it's www.theolsonfam.net. Take care!
~Christina Olson

It all began here said...

isn't it so amazing!?! i remember the first visits with all my kids. enjoy these moments, they go by quickly.

Matchbox Mom said...

so fun!! It was good to see you on Friday!!
Love ya!

Forever Young said...

Congratulations:) That is awesome!

Dan and Lora said...

Dan and I couldn't be happier... We adore you guys, and you will be amazing parents.. Love you guys!!!

Jon and Melissa said...

So fun to see! We are so excited for you guys. It is so rewarding to be a parent. It was really fun to see you this last weekend at the reunion. We missed Morgan and are excited for him to come home soon.