Jonathan turns 2!

Happy birthday to Jonathan.

His birthday breakfast. We sure missed daddy being there, but he had to work, so he just sang happy birthday over the phone with us.

That's right, he is 2! He is growing up so quickly.

He thought his special birthday breakfast was pretty neat.

We decided to do cake and ice cream on Saturday night so we could have some friends over. I kind of struggle with making WAY too many goodies on occasions like this. Oh, well. Morgan took some to work and to some neighbors after. We made Holly's delicious bowl cake in the dump truck, some party rainbow chip cupcakes, and my personal favorite, red velvet mini cupcakes with a cream cheese filling and frosting and some white chocolate shavings on top.


Singing happy birthday, blowing out the candles, and playing with his friends were Jonathan's favorite parts of the night.

At the end Daddy brought in a special surprise for Jonathan! He loves his bike. Although, this particular one is a bit too big, I am sure that as soon as we take it back and get the smaller version, he will have everything figured out and will be riding non-stop in no time. For now, he just enjoys sitting there and making motorcycle sounds. He is definitely all boy!

2 comments:

Jon and Melissa said...

Happy, very late birthday Jonathan! I can't believe you are two!!! Although I guess you do seem way older than Charlie and he is almost two! You are such a cutie-can't wait to see you ride that awesome huge bike!(Don't worry we bought Henry a helmet before he was two that is still too big for him:) I love all the fun pictures-fun and funny kid. Can't wait to hear what you are having!

Unknown said...

I hope this gets to you guys. First of all happy b-day Jon! Were you guys living by me when he hit the big 'ol 2?? Anyway. I have all but given up trying to find you guys on FB and decided instead to Google tra-le-da! My handle on FB is: http://www.facebook*com/luksie68 ... Hopefully hear from you guys soon! "Take luck! 'er care. Well take care of the luck you may have, care for it, hold onto it..." (Morgan will get that)