The other day my boss took our little office out for lunch and as we sat there talking and eating, we began talking about Thanksgiving and what this time of year really meant. My boss proceeded to tell us a story of his sabbatical in Tonga and how in Tongan, the people of Tonga almost always include a 'thank you' in all they say. "Thank you, for coming." "Thank you, for going." And it made me think about how often I say I am thankful, or even think of being thankful. So I started thinking about all the things I am thankful for and I have yet to make it to the end of the list. I am so amazed at all I have to be thankful for and how incredibly blessed I am. It makes you appreciate life a lot more when you realize how much you actually have.
Thanksgiving is a truly wonderful time of year, but it should really be more than just a once a year event. We need to give thanks every day of the year!
1 year ago


No comments:
Post a Comment